Marketing and communications
I’ve been doing a lot more work around our service’s marketing and communications strategy. See my most recent reflections on Jisc infoNet’s team blog. As well as this I’ve started to outline our targets and work with @elliogem to establish our presence on twitter. I’d thoroughly recommend following us – @jiscinfonet – we’re very selective about what we share! We’re really just starting out with it but I’m hoping to reflect regularly on our progress so that we can share our learning with others.
Higher Education VAT exemption
Updated our website to point to HEFCE’s most recent guidance on the cost sharing group exemption. Anyone with an interest in shared services will want to have a look at this with regards to VAT exemption.
We’re beginning to flesh out our plans for supporting Jisc’s Identity Management (Idm) work. It will involve the transfer of the Identity Management Toolkit to our website and also developing an Access and Identity Management topic that pulls everything (that’s still relevant) together in one place.
Produced a summary page for the Jisc Transformations case studies and began tagging them so that we can easily reuse what’s there. The next stage is to add tags specific to those case studies as opposed to generic tags for the purposes of programme administration. We’re in conversation with Jisc marketing and communications to think through how we disseminate this material.
- @joiningdots‘ blog post “Do enterprise social networks matter“
- Universities UK recently published “Higher education in facts and figures – Summer 2013“
- Pressgram – essentially instagram with the ability to post to blogs. I’m not quite sure how they can get away with this though?!
- My colleague @marianneshepp brought my attention to this – Balanced Value Impact Model (BVIM). I haven’t read the full report but it looks very interesting with regards to measuring impact!
- Our service now hosts over 300 case studies on technology in further and higher education – see our Organisational Experience wiki
- My colleague @adamhiles did this…